Official Club Rules
Owen County Bassmasters Rules
1. You may join the Kentucky Bass Federation
2. The Owen County Bassmasters will not be responsible for any accidents or thefts.
3. All fishermen must obey all Kentucky laws.
4. Only two (2) people allowed to fish from a boat.
5. All fishermen must stay in the boat during the tournament period. Except in the case of an emergency or taking out early. Before taking out early you should check in with someone in the tournament or leave a note so that we know you have left the tournament site.
6. If your boat breaks down, you can ride in with another boat. But you cannot fish from any other boat than your own.
7. Largemouth, small mouth or KY bass is allowed to be weighed in. All fish must be of legal size for that tournament site.
8. .50 (half pound) penalty for each fish out of limitation. Fish will be measured on the golden rule. Judges decision will be final!
9. .50 (half pound) penalty for each dead fish brought to weigh in site.
10. Penalty for returning late is one (1) pound per minute. Fifteen minutes late you will be disqualified.
11. All fish will be measured on a golden rule by the judges.
12. Artificial bait only – except for pork trailers.
13. Biggest fish will be determined by weight.
14. All boats and live wells will be checked before the tournament by one of the judges or their appointed helper for that tournament. The boat calling the numbers for that tournament may perform a final check of the live wells.
15. If someone arrives late to a tournament and the tournament has already taken off, then it is the responsibility of the late arrivals to check in with a boat that is in the tournament before they begin to start fishing.
16. Judges will settle any dispute.
17. No alcoholic beverages allowed during tournament hours or club functions.
18. Fishermen must wear their life jackets whenever the boat is on plane.
19. Catch and release all fish caught in the OCB tournaments, except for trophy fish. No pound limit.
20. At Elmer Davis Lake you may keep fish under the slot limit.
21. When fishing in the Kentucky River must obey all KY River rules. No fishing in Elkhorn Creek. No fishing next to the dams on the river – no fishing inside the walls.
22. Five (5) fish limit per boat.
23. In closed tournaments one (1) member of the boat must be a member of the OCB.
24. Anyone who is not a member of the OCB can fish only two (2) closed tournaments per year without joining the OCB.
25. Anyone fishing alone will pay the full tournament fee of $45.
26. Entry fee for a two (2) day tournament will be $50.00 per boat. This rule will apply to any two day tournament except for the man/woman tournament or unless specified otherwise.
27. No boat can fish within fifty (50) yards of another boat that is in the OCB tournament.
28. OCB will allow a member to “buy” one tournament to become eligible for the classic. Money must be paid before the tournament date.
29. No pre-fishing of tournament waters within 24 hours of the start time of the tournament. Exception to this rule is a two-day tournament – i.e. classic, man/woman etc.
30. The OCB will have a rolling big pot. To join you must pay $15.00 in addition to your membership dues. You can join the big bass pot at anytime but you still are required to pay the full fee. This is a separate big bass pot from the weekly tournament big bass pots. The rolling big bass pot is for any OCB tournament except the man/woman tournament or otherwise noted. In the event there is money left in this “pot” after the final tournament then this money will be paid to the person who catches the biggest bass (by weight) at the classic.
31. All membership fees are to be paid by the first tournament in March. Membership dues are: OCB-$25.00, KBF-$67.00 and rolling big bass pot $15.00. The KBF and big bass pot is optional. Children 15 years old and younger membership is $15.00.
32. Entry fee for OCB tournaments is $45.00 per boat (except for 2-day tournaments and man/woman tournaments).
The pay back is:
· $5.00 from each boat goes to the club account
· $5.00 from each boat goes to that tournament big bass pot
· The rest is 100% payback. Payback is as follows:
· 1 – 5 boats is 1 place 100%
· 6 – 10 boats is 2 places: 60% 1st place, 40% 2nd place
· 11 - ? boats is 3 places: 50% 1st place, 30% 2nd place and 20% 3rd place
33. At the Classic OCB payback will be as follows:
· 1 – 3 boats is 1 place 100%
· 4 – 6 boats is 2 places 60% 1st place, 40% 2nd place
· 7 - ? boats is 3 places 50% 1st place, 30% 2nd place, 20% 3rd place
· Big bass will be paid each day of the classic.
34. Any OCB member fishing a regular one day tournament with a child under 15
years old and under the entry fee is $20.00 per boat. This does not apply to a two-day tournament or the classic.
35. OCB will recognize the member with the most points received during the OCB tournament trail – Bassmaster of the year award. Points will be awarded per the following:
i. 25 points for 1st place
ii. 20 points for 2nd place
iii. 15 points for 3rd place
iv. 12 points for 4th place
v. 11 points for 5th place
vi. 10 points for 6th place on - fish or no fish.
vii. 2 points for big bass for that tournament
Each member in the boat will receive points for the place in which they finished. For big bass - only the member who caught the fish will receive points. In the event of a tie each member will receive 1 point each.
Members who participate in the annual man/woman tournament will receive points and they will count towards the angler of the year award.
36. OCB members must fish 4 tournaments during the year to be eligible for the classic. If needed you can “buy” a tournament – refer to #28.
37. No special tournament will be held to get someone eligible for the classic.
38. The six members who qualify for the tournament will pay the entry fee for the KBF club challenge tournament. Any money won by the team will be spilt between the members of the team. This is for members of the KBF only!
39. The club challenge team will be determine by the top six (6) in the weight category at the time of the cut off. The cut off date will be set each year.
40. Judges for the boat tournaments will be the officers of the club. From time to time the offices will ask members fishing the tournament to help with checking live wells, measuring fish etc. Any dispute must be presented to the offices of the club in a sportsman like manner. Judge’s decision will be final.
41. Anyone fishing a OCB tournament is only allowed to use one (1) rod/reel at a time.